Saturday, 5 January 2013

Christmas Haul

Hey guys, I thought for today that I would share with you what I bought with the last of my Christmas money. I got a few bits from MAC, Shu Uemura, Lush, Topshop, Boots & Superdrug. I know a few of these bits are a little on the pricey side but they've been on my wish list for the best part of a year and I got a few vouchers and bits of money for Christmas so I thought I would treat myself. So here goes:


I'll start with my Shu Uemura eyelash curlers. I've seen so many Youtuber's and beauty bloggers who highly recommend these as the best eyelash curlers on the market; I'm hoping to get the look of falsies every day using these. They're steep at £20 a pair but they should last a lifetime and I will be using them every day so like to think of them as an investment.

Secondly I got a few bits from MAC and I am so excited by these. I got 2 Paint Pots, these are as stated by MAC 'highly pigmented eye colours that go on creamy but dry to an intense, vibrant finish. They are long-wearing, colourfast and create seamless coverage without weight or caking.' Paint pots are great to wear on their own but they also make really good bases for eyeshadow to stick to. I got them in Painterly and Constructivist. Painterly is a neutral pinky beige matte colour that should just blank out my eyelids and fit my NC-15 skin well. Constructivist is a metallic brown with a pearly finish to it. I'm very excited about this one as I'm hoping I can achieve a one-step smokey eye with it. I got these from Debenhams where they're priced at £14.50 each. I also got 2 MAC brushes; a 217 Blending Brush and a 239 Shader Brush. I don't own any MAC brushes yet but from Youtubers like Pixiwoo and Tanya Burr I've come to learn there are no better brushes for applying and blending eyeshadow. The 217 was £17.00 and the 239 was £19.00. Again these prices are steep but these products should last me a really long time so I think they're worth it. 

I popped into Lush and got the Bubblegum flavour lip scrub, again I've read only good things online about the Lush Lip Scrubs and have wanted one for a while so I'm excited to try it out. It was priced at £5.25 and it smells amazing, I can't wait to get rid of my chapped lips and try it out.

From Superdrug I got an MUA eyeshadow in Shade 19 Matte. It is a matte medium brown colour that I'm hoping will be good to use in the crease of my eye for contouring. The MUA eyeshadows are a steal at £1 each, I don't actually own any of the other single eyeshadows but I do have the Heaven & Earth palette and the colour pay-off on those colours is great for the price.

Last of the makeup purchases I finally got round to getting the Real Techniques Powder Brush, I love the Real Techniques brushes, they are so professional looking and they help you achieve a flawless finish but don't hurt your bank balance too much. I've been using the blush brush as a powder brush and a blush brush for the last few weeks but decided I wanted the Powder Brush as well. I got this from Boots and it was £12.99, I got it with my points on my advantage card too so it felt like a freeby.


And lastly I got a gorgeous handbag from Topshop. I've been looking for a new everyday handbag for a couple of months now and I saw this and fell in love with it. It's a 'Twistlock Colour Block Bowling Bag' and it's made from polyurethane but in my opinion it looks like leather and it looks a lot more expensive than the £38 it cost me. My photograph really didn't do it justice so I've pinched this one from the Topshop website.

I'm hopefully going to do reviews of the eyelash curlers, lip scrub and eyeshadows at some point in the future. I hope you enjoyed my haul and thanks for reading xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment